Tikhat Chamchamit Masoor Amti( Spicy lentil curry)

Masoor chi Aamti.

This masoor aamti is inspired from Parsi  khattee meethi ( sweet and sour) Masoor. Since I prefer my aamtis spicy and tangy, I have modified this recipe to suit my taste. My version includes addition of Sambhar Masala. Now you can use any store bought Sambhar Masala, I used Everest Sambhar Masala. Believe me when I say if you make your own sambhar masala at home then there would be nothing like it. Nevertheless store bought Masala does full justice to this curry. 

The best thing about this recipe is that it is ready in a jiffy in a pressure cooker ,if you follow a few pointers which I will give you for a finger licking great aamti . So here is the recipe of my Masoor aamti revelation. 

Ingredients

One cup Masoor ( whole) - soaked for one hour least and max overnight.

( To make Paste)
03 Onions
02 Tomato
8-10 green chillies ( told you , I prefer spicy)
01 sprig Curry leaves 
7-8 Garlic Pods
1/2 inch Ginger
1 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Malwani Masala( optional)( used it cos i had it and it smells heavenly)
2 tsps Everest Sambhar Powder ( the main tastemaker)
1 tsp Maggi Masala E Magic  ( secret ingredient)
 salt to taste
a sprinkle of Sugar to bring the flavours together.
oil ( as per preference) to ensure that the masala gets fried well.

Instructions

 I cannot stress enough how simple this recipe is and how much more flavour packed.  

1) Firstly Grind together ingredients from Onion to Chilli Powder.

2) In a thick bottomed pressure cooker temper the hot oil with jeera and a 3-6 curry leaves torn.

3) Add the ground Masala and fry well. Now fry it really well till the raw smell goes and oil starts leaving the sides.

4) Add the Malwani Masala ( optional) and Sambhar Masala . Bhunao really well .

5) If the Masala sticks to the bottom add a bit of the ground masala water and deglaze . 

6) Now add the Masoor and bhuno for 3-4 minutes 

7) Add water as per gravy preference.

8) Add salt as per taste and sprinkle the sugar.

9) Put the lid and the whistle on the cooker and let it take 3-4 whistles .

10) Switch off the Gas and leave undisturbed for 10 minutes, smell the aroma and dream of your first taste bud tingling morsel .

11) After the pressure releases naturally open the cooker and add a tsp of Maggi Masala A Magic. 
      It is not necessary but I added it as I had it on hand.  Give it a mix and enjoy with Chapati or Rice . 


I personally relished it with Chapati and it went awesomely well with soft tukda basmati chawal. 


Do try and let me know in the comments down below how you liked it . Rest assured it is a fail-proof recipe. 

Have a Great Day Friends.















Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Nakki try Karun mala kalav ... And let me know your gharcha swaad as well as in share the recipe

      Delete

Post a Comment