Aloo Pitika

Aloo Pitika





I have stayed in the North East for 3 and a half years. Once the cook of the  Office accommodation mess I stayed at, served this delicious , comforting , a warm embrace in a bowl with rice and dal. I was blown by the deep pungent , mildly spicy potato mash. He made it on several occasions. Since I  was not familiar with the local cooking staples , I could  not place this flavour. I recreated this dish with what I thought was butter but the taste was nowhere to what I had eaten. Then I happened to witness the cook using Mustard oil. I tried the same and wham!!! the taste was spot on .

Since then whenever there is  a food item I am fussy about I whip this delicacy . Comfort food at it's best.

Course      Lunch, Salad
 Cuisine Assamese
 Keyword Aloo, Assamese, Comfort Food, Pitika, ready in Minutes
 Prep Time 10 minutes
 Total Time 10 minutes
 Servings 2 Cups
 Author Priya Mundhe

Ingredients


  • 2 Medium Potatoes
  • Green Chillies chopped - as per individual spice tolerance.
  • 2 teaspoon mustard oil- ( I do not measure and add just a dash)
  • 1 onion - finely chopped
  • salt- as per taste
  • coriander leaves - for garnish

Instructions:

1.) Boil the Potatoes. I used a pressure cooker and took a 3 whistles. Mash them as per your consistency preference. I prefer them with a little chunks.

2.) Add the green chillies, salt, onion, and mustard oil and mix thoroughly.

3.) Garnish with corriander.

And there you have it , an ultimate comfort food to have as is or pair it with Dal-chawal or even have it with plain boiled rice. Do give this recipe a try and comment below how you liked it.

Have a great day. Stay tuned for more such quick and easy recipes.

Comments

  1. Thats nice recipe...we will surely try and let you know..
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment